Re: Re: Red Moon Over Sartar?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 21:19:07 GMT

Wulf Corbett

>Personally, although I can't remember any written evidence for it, I
>always visualised the Glowline as a 'dome' with the Red Moon within
>it, but at the apex (is that the right term for a dome?). Thus, with
>enough altitude, you could see it curving back toward the moon.

You are thinking of Nick's idea about the Roof of Manarlavus (from the Glorious ReAscent). I do believe that this is what the Dara Happans think the glowline as is.

>However, this relies on my other visualisation with the Red Moon
>floating UNDER the sky dome... not at all sure how it would fit in
>with all celestial objects on a fixed-distance dome.

Doesn't apply to the Red Moon (the Blue Streak, Entekos or other Planets for that matter). The Red Moon lies at the boundary between the lower and middle air (but I've heard Stephen Martin suggest that within the glowline, the moon actually appears at the border between the middle and upper air).

--Peter Metcalfe