Re: Re: Shrines and Temples

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 07:29:49 -0700

At 02:01 PM 8/27/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>So, it's the 'theme' of the place that matters, more than the actual
>place? 'The lightning-battered oak' could be any such tree, while
>'heroic Gurnwald's birthplace' is a bit more specific, therefore you'd
>have to actually go to the spot.

The place has a series of congruences that could help. Any lightning struck oak can help in a HeroQuest that starts at a lightning struck place.
But if you are looking for the Feat where Orlanth struck down and then resurrected Mr. Red Oak, AND you start at Fargantor's Hill, where it actually began, then you get a bonus of some kind for being in exactly the right place.

>>>And I thought that all Heortling Orlanthi travel to the God Plane
>>>started with a flight to Kero Fin - therefore, everyone starts from
>>>the same place...
>>
>>That's only at High Holy Days.

I don't agree that it's only on High Holy Days. Travel to the Godplane generally (not always) follows the Soul Superhighway on all holy days. On other times, this is the general route.
Not always, and sometimes not allowed even, but in general, this is the way that they go.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>