Re: Uroxi sense Chaos-tainted/marked ?

From: Peter Larsen <peterl_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:29:12 -0500

At 3:51 PM +0000 8/29/02, simon_hibbs2 wrote:
>Hogarh - to a companion : "Have you noticed how the chief over
>heats when he gets angry like that? I could swear his sweat
>smokes when it touches his clothing."
>
>Companion : "Yeah, almost like that broo we fought last winter
>that sweated acid. What can it mean?"

        I like this a lot -- it probably begins to happen when the Chief's Hate Lunars ability gets higher than his Orlanthi virtues, and gets noticeable when it tops them by 10 points to a mastery. At that point, one assumes the chief is acting on his Hate more than his concern for his clan -- a good recipe for atrocity. It also underlines the sometimes subtle growth of chaos -- I suppose Gloranthans keep an eye out for this sort of thing. What's the solution? Get the chief to ritually purify himself in some way, I suppose, or channel that Hate through a subcult whose hero shows how to Hate the Lunars without becoming a monster.

Peter Larsen