Re: Magic when God is Dead

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_...>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:55:35 +0200

Mikael :

> If we assume that our Destor devotee has learnt some other power of
> Destor through a heroquest, say "Spot Squirrel". Is this heroquested
> ability also a capacity to call upon Destor's power of
> squirrel-spotting, or is it the quester's own power? Or, in more
> concrete terms, can he quest during the darkness and use his powers of
> squirrel-spotting, even though Destor is dead?

It depends mainly on how it's recorded on the character sheet : if it's included in a Destor Affinity or as a Destor Feat, then he can't. If it's recorded as a stand-alone personal Feat, caveat narrator on a case-by-case basis. If it's recorded alongside the character's Common Magic, he can use it.

You call it a "power of Destor" though, so I'd say "no he can't".

Julian Lord