Some questions about Thralls

From: Robin Mitra <robin_mitra_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 16:49:35 -0000

Children of thralls in Heortling society are born free and adopted into the clan.

Does that mean they are adopted as well to the bloodline of the mother's owners. Or do they form a new bloodline? I guess first, but that means they may become carls rising in two levels of status at once. Is that correct? Or are they always cottars?

What would be other consequences? Would they have equal right to heritage? Would they introduce themselves in the Orlanthi Greeting as son/daughter of their new parents? Would they have any legal/religious relation to their bodily parents?

If thrallkeeping was common among Heortlings and is not anymore since the lunar invasion I would expect plenty of thralls to be released and went back to their old clans during the last years. Is that right?

Robin Mitra