re. (Now I have some questions)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:49:15 +0000 (GMT)

> * Kallyr Starbrow was made Queen of the Kheldon
> tribe. How much
> more about her geneology is known? For example;
> was she born
> into the Kheldon tribe, or adopted as queen? Is
> her clan
> affiliation known?

> If the answer to that is "You can make it up",
> then that's
> cool; I just don't want to step wrong with such an
> important
> campaign figure.

Are we allowed to discuss this here, or is it insufficiently relevant to playing the game?

Several of us did some work on this a few years back, and produced a complete family tree for her going back a few generations, complete with clan affiliations and time line, and Dave Dunham published the results: sorry, can't remember in which magazine off-hand, but Enclosure rings bells. I've got a fair amount of it on-line somewhere: ask if you need it.

Trouble is, while we got Greg to check this stuff before publishing, it seems that what he was checking *wasn't* consistency with the various (at that stage unpublished) things he had in mind himself. So despite various campaigns going ahead based on what we'd produced, it turns out that it clashes with the biography given for her in the HW books: quite badly in some cases. It's all consistent with everything published at the time: Wyrms Footprints, KoS, Pavis (yes, Pavis!) etc., but not with what's come out since.

Since she's going to be a major figure in adventures in the future, I'd avoid either inventing your own stuff or using pre-HW sources, if I were you. I have a suspicion that a *lot* more detail is still to come.

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com