Re: First session a success!

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:02:01 +0000 (GMT)

> After roleplaying for 20+ years, I finally ran a
> game set *in*
> Glorantha. We had our first session last Friday
> evening, and it was fun (ergo successful).

Great!

> we spent
> the next two and a half hours working out a kinship
> diagram,
> figuring out how these three characters were
> related, and filling
> out some details about their families.

This sounds typical for most good campaigns I've been in (in any system, in fact): sorting out where you are, who you are, and the backstory is a lot of the fun and gives you a good solid basis for starting the actual adventure. Not to mention huge numbers of plot-hooks!

I'd suggest not getting too up-tight about counting exactly 100 words, nor about exactly how many skills you get in your lists. Use them to describe the characters you're building, and as long as you don't have a bunch of power-gamers (they don't sound like it) everything should be fine.

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com