Re: Yet another bloody mailing list.

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 14:57:04 -0000

Fairy Nuff. I didn't have acess to those figures...

> >...Maybe it's something we could discuss on Julian's new list ;)
>
> Where all of 14 people will see it...

Hence the smiley!

I'm all in favour of keeping the number of lists small - too many lists leads to fragmentation of those interested and/or excessive crossposting which makes all the lists frustrating to read...

Personally as a "digest recipient" I found my mail software handled Majordomo digests better than either the current GD, the new Chaosium lists, the current L5R list or the Yahoo lists in terms of handling individual messages within a digest. But then I don't (and can't) expect that to be high on the priorities of the moderators when picking Mailing list software!