Re: Harvest info

From: Josh Reynolds <haji98109_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 22:36:18 -0000

Thanks everyone for the great info. That's what I was looking for.

I was going to make the same comment about maize - Hon-Eel's corn festivities included human sacrifice, which apparently still occurs in Oraya despite the Emperor's ban (G:IttHW pp. 102, 126). The implication is that it won't grow without the ritual.

Of course, for gaming purposes, the real importance of all this harvest detail is the enormous timesink for the entire clan. I doubt the PCs would be able to shirk their load - even weaponthanes probably get drafted.

And as someone (Donald, I think) pointed out, there is a tribal market scheduled at the end of that week. I don't know how flexible Issaries (the deity) would be, but if he's really hidebound, that's going to be one empty market (unless it rains?).

Josh