Uz eat elements!!

From: Mike Gibb <migibb_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:53:08 +0000

I was wondering if anyone could help with some mythological background. My players have "volunteered" to help the Pavic Uz with an inter-tribal ceremony/competition in which they are amongst others playing the part(s) of the other elements. Does anyone know any good myths dealing with darkness vs fire, water etc. that would make suitable background for a competitive style "training" Heroquest for the young Uz out to prove themselves?

The obvious ones I can think of are Orlanth stealing the sandals of darkness
(with a version in U:tToG) and the Hill of Gold (ZZ vz the big Y), but I'm
struggling with earth and water. I'm also trying to avoid them all being either a big fight (Hill of Gold) or big chase (Sandals of Darkness). So if anyone has any ideas or suggestions (including alternative storm or fire contests) I would be most grateful.

(And of course there's also the dodgy bunch of lunars there waiting to
remind everyone of the "sixth element"...)

mike
8-)

   xxx

Use MSN Messenger to send music and pics to your friends http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger