Re: Maximum Game Fun vs. Setting Fidelity

From: jessedn_at_...
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:58:33 -0000

> Good luck with coming up with something that motivates both of you!
>
> --Bryan

Hey Bryan, great post.

I shared it with the player and he said that you basically were able to hit the problems he had with the setting right on the head. But where you find that is fascinates you even more, he is finding that it is merely frustrating him. He came into this expecting it to be different from D&D's these are your choices, pick one of the above and came to find out it was just like all the others.

As he put it "When I heard about a world of myths, I thought I was going to be making them and not recreating them."

He sort of liked your idea for an EWF researcher, but it looks like we are just going to try to start his character over again from scratch with a goal that, while still lofty, is a bit more in line with the constraints of the setting.

Jesse Dean