Re: Uz eat elements!!

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:30:26 -0500 (EST)

> the other elements. Does anyone know any good myths dealing with darkness
> vs fire, water etc. that would make suitable background for a competitive
> style "training" Heroquest for the young Uz out to prove themselves?
I've got one or two myths on my page. But I'd plug that you make up some original ones if you have time, and then have Oliver or me host them. : ) : ) (Gotta catch up with the Heortlings!)

> struggling with earth and water. I'm also trying to avoid them all being
> either a big fight (Hill of Gold) or big chase (Sandals of Darkness).
Seduction? I have a myth I haven't finished about how Adzurana (Styx) became a water deity. Trickery? Vaneekara tricked *lots* of gods in the Age of Conquest. : ) Hmmm... law doesn't really work, since uz law is pretty straightforward.

There's also the defeat of Lodril by Gore and Gash as a canonical myth, which not only deals with fire but also helps out earth. Maybe part of the contest cycle might be which other elements the uz want to "darkify," and make friendly "Dark Earth" (like Zugorteg) or "Black Water" (like Wachaza, though he's not that friendly) deities?

Of course, you can't have "black light," unless the uz get a bit chaotic, but... ; )

Cheers,

James