RE: New Character Questions

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 05:23:19 -0000

Hi, Gil:

These sound like great concepts. Here's my 2p'orth:

> The player who wants to run a sorcerer is thinking of
> something like Dr. Strange, an autonomous adept who had an
> interest in "protecting the world from itself"... I am
> struggling with an appropriate place of origin. He's not too
> interested in the religious aspects of magic, and wants to
> stay away from the churches and saints (although he might not
> mind if he was brought up that way and "escaped"). Are there
> any schools of wizardry that approach this sort of philosophy?

Plenty of atheist or semi-atheistic 'philosophical' sorcerers come from the south-eastern corner of the Holy Country (in and around God Forgot, the islands south of the Esvulari homeland): read through the common religions "No God Church" and "Unknown God Church" on HQ p.44, then imagine for yourself what a solitary adept with a similar (or more philosophical?) outlook might be getting up to.

Map of the Holy Country here: God Forgot in the SE corner, http://www.glorantha.com/new/fan/hocmap.jpg

Cheers, Nick