RE: Re: Faceless Statue

From: Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 00:34:56 -0000

I have my Dringi towering at 20 meters tall. The sizes in Anaxials Roster are guidelines only and exceptions exist to every rule. (including this one!)
Not to bring this thread down to a rules bash but 15W2 is closer to 18W2 than 2W2, which means that Giant Jolanti are nearer to Brotard size (Brontasaurus) than the 2W2 elephant. Of course, we know that size doesn't just mean height but effective use of physical largeness! :)

Btw, for an II example of a claim that the Faceless Statue was JolanTi: http://www.glorantha.com/library/elder/dwarfs-jolanti.html "Most Jolanti were destroyed during the Great Darkness, and their splendor is now long past. Instead of thousands of each type there are now only the small, human-sized Jolanti and a few of the exotic, giant stone beings remaining, such as the Faceless Statue which Pavis the Hero used to build his city."

Or try "faceless statue" jolanti
in google

But aware, as I am, that this is becoming more Glorantha Digest fodder I believe I'd better stop there! :)

For those unware of the Glorantha Digest... http://glorantha.temppeli.org/digest/heroquest-rpg/2003.05/16867.html "Is the Faceless Statue a Jolanti?

There, it's become inclusive again.

Matthew