Re: One of my players' character, and mysticism

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 22:59:08 +1200

At 06:51 PM 6/29/04 +1000, you wrote:

> One of my players wants a mystic - well, an ex-mystic - for a character;
>particularly, an ex-Taraltaran Ernalda Steadwife initiate.
> Where do I find out about mystics for HQ, please?

Staying well clear of the quibbles and caveats about what is Mysticism, there's nothing published yet. The only hint that has been given is that the cult of Vai Madar Sai (HQ p113) - helpfully called the mystic archer - has the trappings of a mystical cult. If applicable to Taraltara (and I emphasize that's a big IF considering that Taraltara is Lunar and VMS is Teshnan) then her cultists start of with a common magic feat, charm and spell.

Another possibility is the rules for High Gods - of which two are listed in the HeroQuest Rules: Lanbril p112 and Donandar p111 - that are described in the Masters of Luck and Death p45. This might (again this is a big MIGHT) be more applicable to the Lunars given that a Pelandan deity, Bentus, is apparently described in similar terms in the ILH-1. If so, then Taraltara provides several Talents.

--Peter Metcalfe

---