Re: Tribal culture

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:10:38 -0000

> Actually I always thought that page 232 of Thunder Rebels made it
> pretty clear that Durev was the aspect of Orlanth that was
associated
> with plowing (among other things) as opposed to Barntar.

Durev does not appear to be associated with plowing, but with running a farming household. Barntar is plowing. Back in Enclosure, we wrote up Barntar as a common sub-cult of Orlanth that could be worshipped independently. However, when Barntar is worshipped (just as when Helemakt is worshipped), Orlanth gets collateral worship.

>This seems to imply that my original suspicion
> that sub-aspects of Orlanth are also banned is correct.

Worship of a sub-aspects of Orlanth is worship of Orlanth. However, if you worship a god or hero as an *independent* god or hero and not as a sub-aspect of Orlanth (and do not invoke Orlanth in the worship ceremony), that is not worship of Orlanth (although Orlanth still gets collateral worship). Does that make sense?

Jeff