Re: Heroquest power-level (was Ravenswing)

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 09:43:14 -0800

> That has been my understanding of Heroquests. That for the most part,
they are simply
> the most powerful form of ritual magic. It takes something truly special
to get all the way
> into and actual Otherworld and make a change on the fundamental world
level.

> > When done like so (on the Hero Plane, I quess) the Hero Quest is not
> > about changing the world on a fundamental level, but more like powerful
> > ritual magic.

Correct.

Say you want to prove that the Moon is really Orlanth's long-lost sister, and they should just kiss and make up. If you quest on the Hero Plane, you might be able to prove it to yourself, and anyone who was there with you. You might be able to convince peopel in small units. But to make it "really, truely so", you would have to go to the God Plane and face w10+ difficulties (because of the level of diety you're dealing with). But if you succeeded there, then it *would* be so.

RR
- Richelieu