RE: Heroquest power-level (was Ravenswing)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 08:28:38 -0000

RR:
> Say you want to prove that the Moon is really Orlanth's
> long-lost sister, and they should just kiss and make up. If
> you quest on the Hero Plane, you might be able to prove it to
> yourself, and anyone who was there with you.
> You might be able to convince peopel in small units. But to
> make it "really, truely so", you would have to go to the God
> Plane and face w10+ difficulties (because of the level of
> diety you're dealing with). But if you succeeded there, then
> it *would* be so.

And at a guess, if you did the HeroPlane version, but in "every" tribe (yes, I know, this would take a while), you'd end up with a different version of the story in every tribe? So while the basic principle might remain the same, details would vary wildly?

It now occurs to me that this is a pretty good description of most basic Orlanthi myths! Each clan has their own variation, don't they?