Re: Speaking of Magic n' Stuff...

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 10:00:26 -0000

> Unless 'Excommunicate Sinner' has the
> effect of some generic, long-term curse, I suppose
> - but I imagine it's just a mark of some kind,
> making the culprit instantly
> identifiable to all those he's abandoned

Another effect, presumably, is to cut the excommunicant off from all communal blessings he might otherwise have got from being a part of the congregation/church. (An adept who leaves a school, or an Orderly who leaves an order may lose the immediate benefits of those organisations, but will still be a member of the church and so benefit from the regular blessings applied during worship (They may have to attend the service to get some/many/most/all of these (adjust to taste) but an excommunicant is ineligible even if they are somehow able to attend the service (in disguise?). Ultimately, of course, an excommunicated sinner is also unable to achieve solace...