RE: Re: HQ still doesn't make much sense

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:14:08 -0400

On Thu, 2005-28-07 at 22:07 +0100, Jane Williams wrote:

> Has anyone else tried this? Replaced the entire development system and HP
> spend by "what do you want, the answer's yes"?

I was going to, but ultimately my players were having enough trouble as is unlearning DnD. I didn't want to hit them with a new system, a new playing style, a new world, AND "oh yeah, just don't even worry about the numbers as long as they make sense".

Despite that, they've heard VASTLY more "yes" than they are used to in character creation.

> Potentially, yes - why not? You can win a contest, yet come away from it
> "injured". And the rules allow this, at least if you're doing Extended.

The game doesn't easily simulate the "both are beaten to within an inch of their lives, but one survives" though. You can do it, and a narrator and group can interpret things many ways, but it isn't evident that this is an option.

LC