RE: Initate to Devotee

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 19:48:37 +0100

Me:
> >I know of nothing in the rules that even suggests this, but
> it's easy
> >enough to simulate, with a bit of cooperation between GM and player.

Mike:
> I think your take is right on the money. There is, however,
> something in the
> rules that simulates the "call" of the deity. That is, the character,
> already an Initiate, will have a "Worship [Diety]" ability,
> which is really their relationship to the deity.

Good point. Though since I specify that once you're Devoted, this boost to abilities goes back to normal, I think I'd invent a separate skill for this purpose. Not fair to have "worship" drop back.

> The extent to which the player plays along is his input into
> how much he feels his character is called.

Yes - though I think collaberation will be needed, in terms of GM giving a bunch of directed HPs. Without them, that "under deities control" skill won't be high enough to be "useful". Of course, since it's a Flaw, you can just take it at W3 for free :)