RE: Initate to Devotee

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:30:59 -0500

>From: "Jane Williams" <janewilliams20_at_...>

>Though since I specify that once you're Devoted, this boost to abilities
>goes back to normal, I think I'd invent a separate skill for this purpose.
>Not fair to have "worship" drop back.

Does the ability really drop back? I thought you just kept the same abilities and added the new ones. I had a character change dieties once, and in that case, she had to drop back when devoting to him. But if it's the same diety, I'd think you'd keep the current score.

>Yes - though I think collaberation will be needed, in terms of GM giving a
>bunch of directed HPs. Without them, that "under deities control" skill
>won't be high enough to be "useful".

No, my suggestion is to play per a normal relationship (sorry if that's not clear). You wouldn't give the character another ability if falling in love with the girlfirend, would you? I'm just suggesging using the current worship score where needed. Worship already seems like a pretty one sided thing. I would personally never use my narrator authority to create a "call." I want that to just be the player's interpretation of the ability and events. That is, the player simply considers his own relationship to be "calling" on him.

Mike