Re: Geography of Dragon Pass

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 08:25:50 -0700

YGWV
Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>: asks

> I was thinking to send them to before Orlanth killed the dragon
> (can't remember it's name) to form the Dragonspine Mountains.
>
> Can anyone tell me when this happened, in as far as it is possible
> to define time in the mythic ages? :)

See Thunder Rebels, page 144.
It was very early, between the Migration from Dini (on the Spike) and the invasion of Aroka. It was during the time that the first Orlanthi were starting to settle in the area (as well as the Durevings settling much further south). This was before the major conflicts of the Gods War began.

> What I guess I really want to know is if this was before the spike
> exploded and where on the horizon should the heroes be able to see
> the spike?

It would fill the entie southern horizon, and stretch so far overhead that they can barely see the top. The top is white, home of the White Elves; the slopes are mostly green, being green elves and yellow elves.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford