Puppet shows

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:01:47 -0000

I spent some time actually reading up the Entertainer and Skovara the Entertainer keywords (as opposed to making it all up from the single throwaway comment of "Puppet Show").

My idea of Skovara being a (possibly covert) teacher is strengthened from the phrase "but are best loved for their sacred puppet shows". If I were (re)designing the keyword, I would add [Cultural] Myths or [Cultural] Stories as a Mental skill.

I am intrigued to know more of Skovari (her husband) - I suspect he is a subcult of Donander rather than of Orlanth.

We also have suspects for the core magic of the Puppeteer Troupe of Dragon Pass/White Bear Red Moon.

A Skovaran devotee with the Entertain Audience Secret at a reasonable level can devastate the morale of a unit with a carefully planned show. That Make Audience Afraid feat, that Get Everyone's Attention feat combined with two or three uses of Entertain Audience and backed up by Total Support of a Troupe and rituals and a holy day - eeek! And it could work the other way too with a Make Audience Confident improvised feat.

BTW, was Argrath of Pavis a Skovari on the side?

regards,
Charles