Re: heroquest with lunar gods

From: Santo Sengupta <aumshantih_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 20:09:46 -0400

Namaste All:

So I have a question how this relates to in Glorantha HeroQuesting.

Let's suppose that the Humakti Hero learns of a Yanafil Tarnils Hero who is attempting to gain favor from his Patron Immortal by re-experiencing the Battle of Seven Arrow of Light. Could said Humakti Hero go into the Hero Planes to take the role of Humakt in the Lunar Quest, and try to deliberately disrupt it?

I know the results of the HeroQuest would not change the nature of either Humakt or Yanafil Tarnils, but could such a thing impact the magic of the two mortal Heroes?

Of course doing this would be dangerous for the Humakti, as by winning instead of losing in this Lunar HeroQuest, he would "venture off the hero path" and that could find him jettisoned into unusual parts of the HeroPlanes. This theoretically could attract the attention of Lunar powers/authorities, who are in the 3rd Age of Glorantha the penultimate HeroQuesters.. until the the Rise of Argrath.

-Santo
aum shanti shanti shantih.
"The world is like the impression left by the telling of a story." - from the Yoga Vāsiṣṭha