Re: heroquest with lunar gods

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 19:06:03 -0700

YGWV Santo Sengupta wrote:

> Namaste All:
>
> So I have a question how this relates to in Glorantha HeroQuesting.

I love concrete questions. (Wait, about the hero plane? Hmmmm....) :-D

> Let's suppose that the Humakti Hero learns of a Yanafil Tarnils Hero
> who is
> attempting to gain favor from his Patron Immortal by re-experiencing
> the Battle
> of Seven Arrow of Light. Could said Humakti Hero go into the Hero
> Planes to
> take the role of Humakt in the Lunar Quest, and try to deliberately
> disrupt
> it?

Yes.

> I know the results of the HeroQuest would not change the nature of either
> Humakt or Yanafil Tarnils, but could such a thing impact the magic of the
> two mortal Heroes?

Yes. Bu whereas the Yanafil Tarnils will benefit from the encounter, by "killing death," the Humakti can't take any power from him, because the only "new thing" he has is Lunar.

> Of course doing this would be dangerous for the Humakti, as by winning
> instead of losing in this Lunar HeroQuest, he would "venture off the hero
> path" and that could find him jettisoned into unusual parts of the
> HeroPlanes. This theoretically could attract the attention of Lunar
> powers/authorities, who are in the 3rd Age of Glorantha the penultimate
> HeroQuesters.. until the the Rise of Argrath.

I think that an excellent would be for the Humakti to kill the YT candidate, feed parts of him to the wasps, and go off and die fighting against whatever comes after Yanafil Tarnils (because something will fill the vacuum left by his absence.)

Actually, the Humakti ought to follow the vacant path and try to kill the Red Goddess.

-Greg