Why are Orlanth and Urox prohibited?

From: Christoph Kohring <ChOK_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 19:35:00 +0100

> Message: 22
> Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 09:44:57 -0500
> From: "KYER, JEFFREY" <jeff.kyer_at_...>
> Subject: Re: Re: analogies

> I'm just wary of religous analogy as it has a tendency to blow up....
>
> But hey, SPQR sounds like a good RPG name to me.
>
> But then I work in a computer lab with a Croat refugee AND a Serb
> refugee who sit within 3 metres of each other. Guess who's sitting in
> the middle?

A Bosnian?!? :o) ;o) :o)

Sooooorrrrryyyyy! I couldn't resist...

More seriously, I've always had trouble understanding why the Lunar Empire would prohibit any storm cult (ie Orlanth and Urox). I know that Orlanth is the Ultimate Rebel for Yelmic Dara Happans but the Red Emperor is a bit *more* than just the 77th Emperor. After all, the LE is much more pragmatic if not downright tolerant than its solar predecessor and the Lunar religion is also syncretic and all-inclusive. Thus why the prohibition?

Christoph

http://www.issaries.com/library/priests/lunar.html