Re: Grackles

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 14:22:42 EDT

In a message dated 13/10/01 15:17:42, you write:

<< I've never encountered a grackle in my life, and had never even heard of  grackles until last night. I put them in because, as I'm sure you're pleased to
 know, there's at least one species which is extinct. And because I liked the  word. Grackle, grackle, grackle. It just felt right. :) >>

I still wouldn't know what a grackle was. Sounds to me like a breakfast cereal. Either that or the Unsacred Sound of Rice Crispies (Snap, Crackle and Pop being the Three Breakfast Rivals).

Keith Nellist