Re: newbie alert

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:04:36 -0400

Welcome aboard!

drumando_at_... wrote:

> Heya everyone...
> I'm relatively new to Glorantha, having been introduced to it through
> the RuneQuest game. I really like the Chaosium mechanic, having
> played Call of Cthulhu and Stormbringer for several years; I don't
> know if I'll get into Hero Wars proper, but I'm very much interested
> in Glorantha. Unfortunately, I don't have a group to play with...
> any RQ players on the list in Los Angeles (who's interested in taking
> on new players)? I'd welcome any information about HW vs. RQ2, and
> I'm looking forward to learning about the world of Glorantha... and
> adding my own bits when I can!
> cheers,
> Jason

This is more of a Hero Wars list for playing Herowars in Glorantha - we can answer day-to-day and 'how do I do this' sorts of questions - especially if it pertains to non-esoteric Gloranthan questions. Discussions of RuneQuest and 'which system is better' are definitely off topic. Probably better to discuss matters like that on the Gloranthan Digest - there's a link to it kindly provided from Nick's webpage.

The RQ I vs RQ2 vs RQIII debate is very, VERY off topic!

Enjoy the game!

Jeff
List Moderator

--
Jeffrey Kyer
BESI Interim Change Management (EP) / Consultant