Re: Group composition

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 19:49:07 -0000

Here's the Greydog version:

> Is your campaign set in Dragon Pass?

Yep.

> Do you plan on travelling elsewhere in the near term

Maybe to Pavis, where we've just discovered some long-lost kin. We've been down south to Heortland before, but it was full of furriners and strange Esrolite women: I don't think we'll go back there in a hurry. (Not unless the Lunar Army pays us to fight for them as mercenaries again, anyway). Other foreign trips include jaunts to Lunar Tarsh and the Grazelands.

> If relevant are your heroes working for or against the Empire?

On the RQ2 cult compatibility scale, we'd be somewhere between "1" and "2": Hostile to Neutral. The few extremists who thought the Empire was our *Enemy* all sodded off to Whitewall (and broke with the clan). The rest of us don't like paying tributes/taxes/etc., or supplying troops, but we never liked doing that for Sartar's lot either. (All those cities are full of furriners, too).

> Is your players band still at home in the clan or wandering?

Still at home. We generally "adventure" in the summer, to keep us out of trouble around the stead.

> Are you set in a given year?

We're progressing through the calendar. I think it's 1621 now, but the game's been running since 1610 or thereabouts. We've fought in Starbrow's Rebellion, we were present when the last true king of Heortland died, we fought for the Empire at the sack of Smithstone, etc.

> Is your band mostly martial types or non-martial (healers, spies
> etc.)

Martial farmers. One Humakti obsessive (hi, Corwen!), but most of us are "Orlanth Adventurous" types. Certainly no healers/traders/etc. One brewer, but he's a newcomer from Pavis (and is practically a furriner himself).

> Do you have a defined villain?

Define "defined". We have a recurring hate-hate relationship with Egrid the Enlightened, Harvar Ironfist, and the various bastards who betrayed the clan (inc. Farshine the Moonie and Alvar Tongueless, two former PCs).

> What are the ability ranges of heroes best abilities?

Our toughest hero (Corwen) has about 2 masteries in sundry killing people abilities (close combat, Humakti death magic and the like). The rest of us are developing some high 1W abilities, with a bias towards killing stuff inherited from the campaign's history. (The game began in RQ and was ported to HW through various intermediate stages, so hasn't followed the (IMO botched) HW advancement rules).

Cheers, Nick