Re: Re: Roads in Sartar

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:13:04 +1300

Roderick

>Hmm, my take on the roads in Sartar is that they are magical not only in
>binding the country together, but also being relatively impervious to the
>ravages of time - those Dwarf-built bridges won't fall down (okay, maybe if
>a Balrog and a Wizard have a fight on one...).

As was stated in the glorantha:intro

         Sartar himself was deified as the protector of the Kingdom
         and his worship maintained the marvellous roads and city
         walls within the kingdom.  Since the conquest, rituals to
         him have been suppressed and the roads and walls fall into
         disrepair.  The Lunars have attempted to halt the decay
         by conscripting Sartarites into repair gangs but this has
         only caused more grumbling and nostalgia for the good old
         days.
                 Glorantha: Intro p153

--Peter Metcalfe