Re: Re: Roads in Sartar

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:59:13 -0500

For some reason, I keep thinking that the Pretender Prince of Sartar hasn't been maintaining the rituals that Sartar and the Royal house did in years past to maintain the roads. Hence, the roads need repair. Hence, gangs of sweating road-slaves and tolls and complaints that the 'things aren't what they used to be'

But the rituals that keep the roads in good shape are also ones that reinforce the idea of the Kingdom - I think that the roads and the idea of the Kingdom (and Sartar) are very intertwined. To permit Termitain to conduct the rituals (even if he could) would be the last thing the Lunars want.

Best to recuit more slaves, levy tolls and grind the boot in harder.

Jeff

ian_hammond_cooper wrote:

> I will live with tolls if everyone else thins that is best. Your
> arguments are fair and valid. But to defend my opinion a trifle:

(masterful defence 2w3 snipped)