Re: Those actually going to Tentacles ...

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_VLwR7xRyC-TxUnLvfADg3pXXPr02jX2akqsj1YtM9rMcPEKLp8N6iJpiTCXD3>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 17:04:38 -0000

Ah. After an awful Cup Final I was frankly having trouble motivating myself to touch up my badge and use an enlarged Boaty (cheers, John), but Chris' mail made it a lot easier to give up.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I entirely understand, and dare say I agree with Chris (just to piss him off again). I'm not someone who thinks we should trample over Greg or anyone else's Stuff in some peculiarly buccaneering notion of IP Liberté, Egalité and Fraternité [though cue searches of the US PTO by others and much piss-taking].

No. My problem is that to make these badges for ourself is a very cliquey, self-congratulatory endeavour promoting how blasé, superior and immoderate we are. Yet to wimp out on something like this is just... so wet. So utterly, utterly wet. If we do that, I don't think we deserve badges. To quote Boaty, "I am not some pant wetting net nanny."

Everyone's happy taking the piss on this list, but cry off if there's a danger Greg will see. We don't deserve the title 'Immoderate'. I think I may to quit this group in shame, take Holy Orders and not swear ever again.

[Actually, if you obviously censor 'Glorantha' from IGQ, and include the quote "I am not some pant wetting net nanny" I could be tempted.]

Stu.