Re: Re: Glorantha Online & Glorantha Offline

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_uRmqjBi3Cs9B7hwDj7Dn1msoqJqBJ6_TrT3Es4Q0cUI_qS0hdXjOpiWlAc-Izsh_-W>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 13:53:18 +1100

2009/3/10 Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_y0MGENp6jMgplkfk2QOTGYtjdw5FFK9NzafwgdTZTQuoYs7e2WoSn4BIj5sRFR4OiMHGYErWme-h8Y029heSHGFFFYC8.yahoo.invalid>:
> Reading the latest batch of messages on HQ-rules, I doubt there's any alternative.
> Frankly, my desire to actually play in Glorantha is diminishing by the minute.

Cheer up duuuuuuuude!

People on lists shouldn't have any impact on whether YOU play the game/play in the world/make duck pr0n in the world/etc; otherwise I'd have stopped playing Ars Magica roughly five minutes after joining the Berklist.

It would be nice if any discussion of rpg theory (and I for one think that it has some worth) didn't turn into a big party with people trying to knock over flaming strawmen with their willy-waving. Play how you like it, talk about it, and just serenely blank the jerks on the other lists, and then come over here and defame them vociferously.

Here, this'll cheer you up: a player "hero" made the mistake of threatening the band's durulz informant and he contrived to drown them in the Stream confluence while quackling "Threaten me will you, you naked fuckin' ape!". Several Injuries later... the band has learnt a valuable lesson (and some are reconsidering the prior position on the Lunar Anti-Duck Pogrom).

--
John Machin