Re: Keeping The clan small

From: Leka <leka_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 12:14:29 +0200

Hello j,

Monday, April 16, 2001, 03:39:19, you wrote:

jhjc> I start growing the clan too large (over 1000 people) and regardless
jhjc> if I have 2000+ food and well over 200 lots worth of excess
jhjc> wilderness in land, the people complain there is not enough
jhjc> land/food. Is this some bug where they willy nilly pick some excuse
jhjc> to try and split the clan (it always seems to happen during the fire
jhjc> season after they plant but before they harvest , grrrr) or is it
jhjc> some built in valve to focably keep the clan small?

jhjc> Any general guidelines on keeping the clan size stable at about 800?
jhjc> I'll try and lay off the signing of new cotters but the ring keeps jhjc> saying we need more farmers =)

jhjc> Cheers!
jhjc> -James

I have the same problem but my critical limit is 1400-1500 people. I am keeping the clan stable at about 1350 people by sometimes sending exploration parties to cragspider and by not giving any magic in the sacred time to children and health. It also helps if you are raiding often.

--
Best regards,
 Leka                            mailto:leka_at_...