Re: Web Based Sequel / Expansion

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 10:36:05 -0800

Kent

> Yeah, lag has not been of major factor for years. I can personally vouch for
> that fact, seeing that I switch from playing Ultima Online and EverQuest by
> godly cable connection to a horrible 32k modem dial-up connection.

Neither of those are web games. They are online games with custom clients, which don't even run on all platforms (though EverQuest is finally coming to Mac).

> I am sure David have put a lot of thought into this, and in fact had almost
> give the go to the project.

In general, online games are significantly more expensive to develop. And the successful ones all have a boxed component in the stores.

--

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com