Re: A Suggestion On Process & Progress

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 17:20:22 -0000

> Still, I'd like to see Broyan's history during Kallyr's revolt and
before
> 1619.

I agree. We need that back-story, just as Kallyr's is necessary for the Sartar Rising campaign.

> > The Kitori are significantly different from what I thought they
were.

> True. Their role in Whitewall (introduced by John Castellucci's
use of the
> Tarkalor campaign material played by Greg and Stephen Martin)
needs to be
> investigated.
>
> My latest info on them makes them a minor Only Old One-like Elder
race.

Yeah, that is my understanding as well. Their role and their relationship to Whitewall I think is up in the air. I am inclined to want to keep them out of it - in part because the Kitori later kill Broyan (or at least release the demon that kills him), and in part because they are so Gregable.

> How much of Tarkalor's actions do we need to know and take into
> consideration?

I think we need to have a bit of the Tarkalor backstory - that will help sort out the Volsaxi (although I don't think it is as important as it used to be, now that we have the Hargrand the Green stories).

> Has anybody read Robin Laws' Tarkalor saga, and can tell us more?

Nope. Haven't heard much from Robin in quite awhile.

> The Auroch Hill final map is a useful "blank map" for indicating
positions
> until we get a better detail map.
>
> http://www.glorantha.com/support/images/AurochHills_final.jpg

Yeah maps!

> > Whitewall came up in my Dawn Age discussions with Greg. I think
that
> > it was Seriasdara - the home of the Garanvuli Vingkotling Star
> > Tribe.
>
> It's a bit away from the exit of the Footprint (given as location
of
> Seriasdova), but lacking other significant Vingkotling hill forts
in the
> region, the identification seems sound.

That was my conclusion as well. Actually, my Dawn Age map has Seriasdara on the upper Marzeel river IIRC.

> Much of that's up to our creativity (or Gregly edicts). The
Garanvuli are
> mentioned for the Dawn, but disappear from the documents
afterwards. The
> Hendreiki start under the Broken Council, and include (at least
one)
> Berennethtelli refugees.

My point is that we might be able to draw on some Dawn Age threads for WW - like Garan and Serias - that might introduce some new and cool minor Orlanthi myths into the story.

Jeff