Re: So now that you have your copies of Sartar

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_9weeKqMgt1RAPCr_aC90QRK0KEJaexaVJA55GEgAxbAQUw-X2SEhwfb3B08_DPEWOg>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:21:45 +1100

2009/12/11 Peter Larsen <p3larsen_at_hPXoMhZNL_eu8S15ydVPcI92RCWTMoGDtZMrtieoK2M72PCQXH8cfi8AMHxYUIS1DiaeVS8koIjs.yahoo.invalid>

> Totally in agreement. 1) they were a tad early. 2) the God Learners
> shouldn't be behind everything or even most things. Let them be their own
> special selves.

Indeed, it's getting a bit silly if we end up with this* "No-one suspects the God Learners!"* answer to things that significantly post-date both their apex and their abrupt decline!

> Also Moon = Balance is just such a nice equation. It makes a nice
> contrast
> between the Lunars, the Orlanthi, and the Solars, which underlies much (but
> by no means all) of the Genertelan Hero Wars. Everyone likes equilibrium,
> because equilibrium is that space between disorder and order where stuff
> can
> happen on a human scale. But the three groups differ on how to achieve
> equilibrium.
>

> <snip! nifty examples>

Interesting stuff Peter! It's quite similar to an 'emergent philosophy' from one of the characters in our game. The character is an Esvulari scholar who is trying to work out a (another!) version of the elemental progression that sees the five elements rotating around a central "pillar" of Moon/Balance. The idea is that the Moon/Balance principle will harmonise and facilitate the orderly cycling of the procession of the other elemental principles.

Obviously this is a bit 'heretical' given that Moon is not supposed to be an element, but the scholar is taking a cue from Hepherones and running with it.

--
John Machin