Re: Three Runes

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_Xn-FX-71SZmLdlIi2j_m0n-xaLcY1HEL8uPrvK3xsytEKowyS7G83ei8WUh3lh_g9Zd>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 00:31:58 +0000

L C wrote:

> Trotsky wrote:
> >

> > Not necessarily. Even among the Heortlings, according to KoH, not every
> > man has the Air rune (unsurprisingly, given the existence of Elmal).
> >
> Mmm... I should have specified "Orlanthi All". What I found interesting
> was that the default seemed to be elements and even the "other options"
> were also elements.

The rule in KoH is that you have to have one element, one power, and one other rune which may be either a power or a condition.

> Hmm... That's another thought. All people have an elemental rune, but in
> some cultures that tends to group with class or gender, and in others it
> just doesn't.

Sounds about right to me.

> > > Would you let Malkioni who haven't hurled themselves to Magus-level
> > > devotion to the magical arts use their Law rune for supplementing
> tasks
> > > - the "layperson" level of magic?
> > >

> > I'd let them use to augment any Law rune associated magic.
> >
> But not everyday tasks?

The Law rune is not ideal for everyday tasks (unless, perhaps you're in the wizard caste, and the tasks involve, say, logical analysis). Malkioni would, I am sure, be able to use runes to help with everyday tasks, but that's not the best one for doing so.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/