Re: Three Runes

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_VcEr_KtwLiMD5hFhZ7_AomyCtwpUsrRvG4vtXd4JGy-EcxQhgD7N2rJJ3F9kuOawhlb>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 08:15:30 +0000

Robert Thornton wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I unlurk to ask: are Heortings aware of what runes they have

My interpretation of KoH is that the runes a person has are revealed at their initiation ceremony, so that all adults would know what theirs were. Indeed, there's a specific heroquest for people that wish to become clan chiefs/tribal kings but don't have the Mastery rune, which suggests that the candidate must (at least on some level) know that this is, or is not, the case.

Whether other cultures would be the same I'm less sure, especially where personal runes are less crucial to their magic.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/