Re: Three Runes

From: Richard Crawley <richard.crawley5_at_5L6-dYfEdpW-IpEc8vkZfUsyrK0mfxawhMjLJqITCFTD-WaYXMr0DV1XEy_>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 21:53:27 +0000

Trotsky wrote:
<<The Law rune is not ideal for everyday tasks (unless, perhaps you're in
the wizard caste, and the tasks involve, say, logical analysis). Malkioni would, I am sure, be able to use runes to help with everyday tasks, but that's not the best one for doing so.>>

Damned handy if you're, say, an Elz Ast Thief Taker though.

I'm envisaging a Thief Taker recruited from among the city's Lunar population who might perhaps come from a sorcery-using background - perhaps a family of Lunar Citizens in the city who are members of the Cerise Church? I guess you'd have no problem with him using his Law rune affinity to enhance scrying spells from a Law-linked grimoire but could he also use the affinity to augment a mundane interrogation attempt? Certainly a theist would. I'd be inclined to say yes, a sorcerer could too but I guess it comes down to "does the narrator think this is treating on the theist player characters' toes?"

Richard Crawley