Re: Three Runes

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_O2hN77tvtQ5m1xq6HdHMlXGm59kA94gqxyWbWrZfKUI5ouiCco7UxF6vfVS7mH91Bj>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 09:21:32 +1100

2009/12/20 julianlord <julian.lord_at_V1ooELe28Ht4NYwD6tdid3WF1L4ESNzSLgiNJzLE0lPcZvlRXeJvzwI0ui5Cu71Fw_OvavolNpXNmsU.yahoo.invalid>

> > I unlurk to ask: are Heortings aware of what runes they have?
>
> Weeeeelllll they *do* tend to tattoo the things all across their bodies, so
> think is safe to say that they do :)

The Wise can see the god-marks upon others souls, and so can help a young person find the god that calls to them.

I personally favour the approach where the runes are articulated as the gods they relate to in a specific cultural setting, rather than as the runes themselves. "The White Lady smiles on you and calls you to Her side" vs. "You have a powerful Harmony Rune".

(That the runes themselves appear similar in different Gloranthan cultures is no more peculiar than the images of the sun appearing similar in disparate Earthly cultures - they are facts of life that express themselves in similar ways to all observers.)

--
John Machin