Re: Three Runes

From: Douglas Seay <douglas-seay_at_vvEB2N1sMvY-aBrST90R-zIESAzirMX0TbXEyxLG9f0OlO0bbjbf8sEGhAR2S_4>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 07:58:10 -0500

Jeff wrote:
>> Mmm... It does seem official line is theists only.

> And where do you get that assumption?

The Gloranthan appendix to HQ2 says theists get 3 runes, animists get a tradition keyword, and godless sorcerers (spit) get grimoires. Nothing that I saw specifically excludes everyone from having runes, but personal runes aren't mentioned anywhere else.

I realize that one chapter at the end of a generic book isn't much to go on. Also drawing a conclusion from an omission is a bad thing, but that is how I read what has been published.

Is what you have in mind more in line with runes for everyone?