Re: Three Runes

From: bryan_thx <bethexton_at_V4oFXQhuyh4iw-K7sBjNoCDqOeWWX_nsrfASC8rqIBUy6cFObGZGrM5nDeDFDO_vfH>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:10:37 -0000

> A Sartarite who has the Fire, Law, and Truth Runes cannot join the Orlanth cult. He is a lay member of the religion, but if he wants to use his runes actively he will need to initiate to Elmal or Lhankor Mhy or some as yet unknown minor cult.

In Thunder Rebels it said, IIRC, that after their first initiation, Heortling youngster would spend a year in a sub-cult of Orlanth/Ernalda (depending on gender) that they chose, then a year in a sub-cult that their elders chose for them, and if neither of those seemed a correct match that then they'd spend a year with some other likely cult (Elmal, Redalda, etc).

However in this thread we have that the Heortlings do generally know their runes, and that if you don't have the right runes to belong to Orlanth or Ernalda there is no way you would ever initiate to them. Given which, the process above seems unlikely in at least those cases.

So my question is: is that process still the current view for how things are mostly done? If so, can we assume that the process is the case for "The Orlanthi all" and so does not apply to young adults without the correct runes for the great god of their respective gender?

Regards;

--Bryan