Re: Three Runes

From: bryan_thx <bethexton_at_IEffR4hPgJ756vZ-_MnlHES9I6NrHYQ0bhHyA72zHUv_P3_X3vqnqXERoooeYYYatk>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:41:03 -0000

Well, from what I've read so far (I don't have KOH yet), the runes are gained at first initiation, at least for Heortlings (initiation as a lay member). That is, you don't grow up with those runes....oh, maybe they are implicitly there, probably adults look at some kids and are certain of what runes they will gain. BUT the runes don't manifest themselves, or become available for magic, until initiation.

Extrapolating, if it is only theists that get the runes, presumably only theist initiation "awakens" the runes (although there are no doubt exceptions). So if someone from a non-theist culture became initiated to a theist pantheon, presumably at that time their runes would manifest themselves.