Re: Three Runes

From: L C <lightcastle_at_FolyB2kqijshhBc99eqQ8ggMVDPVu6rc44X4zVmSC6bWIIUf67Y300bXncetLz54>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:37:40 -0500

  I personally loathe the concept of "it is augment-only" as a rules construction. Re-reading the HQ2 appendix I see I subconsciously blanked it out and only focused on the "cannot produce extraordinary effects/must supplement another mundane ability" aspect, and not the "it is only an augment".

I think that's a distinction that only exists in the rules, not one Gloranthans would realize, and is problematic with the augment rules as written (Are they always fresh or does the narrator decide "you always use your charm to help you fight, I'm not allowing it now.")

Sadly, the entire structure of Animism and how to release a charm is based on the "you can never use it as a direct ability" side of things (making it a stretch or not depending on release once you become a Practitioner), which makes it hard to only rely on the credibility tests of "is it helping something mundane, is it not producing an extraordinary result" as the difference.

LC