Re: Runes for non-theists [was: 'Three Runes']

From: Osentalka <Osentalka_at_4VWtvE5T2Kxwb4PVNJJjA3483NHagV4t1TjsafIfpt1-yfaUAvBdKdaSbqPkFZNELQ>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 12:59:12 +0100

.
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Machin" <orichalka_at_DRPWPd17RWtZwFv5u_zZRL6EEYY5VWZgKT2Ci0inZgVGZZWRHgdV9fVhziZ2zGESaJT6tlcOG9ZZd9U.yahoo.invalid> To: <WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com> Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 7:43 AM Subject: Re: Runes for non-theists [was: 'Three Runes']

> 2009/12/23 Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_13H4QONB_8fzhweyDYYfBoE6I5F8_KlzOTV_B5X069ZrRpIiV02iKqW31D42N8xB1h7ksRbU7KL_DTt5hP4FQLZO.yahoo.invalid>
>
> > The actual statement is "an affinity is something you are". Given that
> > the Westerners worship Saints, the Praxians worship Waha and Eiritha and
> > practically every other animist follows a Really Big Spirit of some
> > sort, to characterise the emulation of immortals as the sin qua non of
> > theism is at odds with what we know about glorantha.
> >

> Western magic does not come from personally and literally *embodying* a
> saint. Unless I missed something.

I am sorry to interrupt, but i would like to share this:

I read "Western magic" and my mind was playing a joke on me. I had HQ with other settings than Glorantha in mind (from other mails), and thought:

Cowboys with magic, what a nice setting idea. :-)

Now, you are allowed to laugh at me. :-)

Cheers

André