Re: Runes for non-theists [was: 'Three Runes']

From: L C <lightcastle_at_PdfkYhUhYex8O8VNd4LA6snfG-oR7LtczLPZKhisnWijk4lrYS0PwEkaQ42lILjA>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:37:16 -0500

Osentalka wrote:

> There are pros and cons for publishing subjective or objective books.

Indeed.

> Sartar IS an subjective book, period.
>
> Being what it is helps players to get into the culture, the setting, their
> magic, believes, etc.
>
> I like the subjective viewpoints of the gloranthan books.

So do I, but the fact that we aren't going to even get a hint at the design philosophy underlying the three worlds means everyone who wants to play anywhere else is going to have to make up their magic from scratch with full expectation that it can (and likely will be) entirely incompatible with what does come out.

LC