Re: Outlawry = death

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_zTtt3PQ7YwaH4wwcjZIq2MPCdq8fhQl5cls5SxSythOL-cOznZLz777rpoUqZ38vFjKi>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 17:37:37 -0000

> Outlawry is cuts off the offender legally *and*
magically/religiously. It is
> much more than saying "never darken our doors again" or "We, the XXX
Clan,
> are no longer responsible for YYY's debts". It has magical rituals
that cut
> the offender off from his kin - including his magical kin.

Keep in mind that what Roderick is describing is Full Outlawry. Most folk who get outlawed get the Lesser variety, which is for several years (but allows the outlaw to return to society at some point). I'm pretty sure Lesser Outlaw does not cut you off from the gods - it is more of a banishment for a spate of years.

Jeff