Re: Outlawry = death

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_AKQVeMWbFBhqF33-Nes_4pmJnnZTG2MwRfJwIy7YkESlGPKsvr6Xnvzi6hz1Vckzk35En>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 09:49:13 -0800

> Keep in mind that what Roderick is describing is Full Outlawry. Most
> folk who get outlawed get the Lesser variety, which is for several
> years (but allows the outlaw to return to society at some point). I'm
> pretty sure Lesser Outlaw does not cut you off from the gods - it is
> more of a banishment for a spate of years.

Correct. What I've been on about is the full-blown extreme-sanction Outlawry. "Banishment" is temporary, and is called "Banishment" in TR :-).

There is also a form of "outlawry" imposed by the tribe (rather than the clan), which is like banishment, not Full Outlawry, and is (usually) purely political.

RR